If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With the help of aleppo and capote capers this simple white bean dip comes alive. It is a cinch to whip up. —Sagegreen
- 15 ounces small white beans, canned
- 1-2 ounces fresh dill, to taste
- 1-2 ounces fresh cilantro, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons capote capers
- 1 teaspoon aleppo pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- juice of 1 lemon, preferably Meyer's
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, preferably one with a peppery finish
- Rinse the white beans well in cool water. Drain off the water well. Add the beans to a blender or processor.
- After giving the dill and cilantro a rough chop, add them to the blender. Add the scallions, pepper, salt and lemon juice next. Then puree. Check the seasoning and adjust.
- Slowly whirl in a slow stream of the olive oil. Garnish with fresh dill or cilantro. Serve in small dipping bowls with your favorite chips or pita.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip