If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salsa is fragrant with citrus: lemon, lime and orange. With a splash of a bright red wine, it goes really well with chips. —Sagegreen
- 1 large heirloom red tomato, diced
- 1/4 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup green scallions, chopped
- juice from 1 key lime, or 1/2 regular lime
- juice from 1/2 lemon, preferably Meyer's
- zest from 1/2 orange
- splash of red wine (like beaujolais noveau)
- Dice the tomato, peppers and onion into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces. Sprinkle the salt over these.
- Squeeze the juice over the salsa. Mix in the zest. Add a splash of a bright red wine. Let this chill about 1/2 hour before serving. Serve with chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
How to throw a Genius dinner party for 30.
We've got the summer blues.
13 essential cooking apps.
A better basket.