If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salsa is fragrant with citrus: lemon, lime and orange. With a splash of a bright red wine, it goes really well with chips. —Sagegreen
- 1 large heirloom red tomato, diced
- 1/4 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup green scallions, chopped
- juice from 1 key lime, or 1/2 regular lime
- juice from 1/2 lemon, preferably Meyer's
- zest from 1/2 orange
- splash of red wine (like beaujolais noveau)
- Dice the tomato, peppers and onion into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces. Sprinkle the salt over these.
- Squeeze the juice over the salsa. Mix in the zest. Add a splash of a bright red wine. Let this chill about 1/2 hour before serving. Serve with chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.