Author Notes: This salsa is fragrant with citrus: lemon, lime and orange. With a splash of a bright red wine, it goes really well with chips. - Sagegreen
- 1 large heirloom red tomato, diced
- 1/4 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup green scallions, chopped
- juice from 1 key lime, or 1/2 regular lime
- juice from 1/2 lemon, preferably Meyer's
- zest from 1/2 orange
- splash of red wine (like beaujolais noveau)
- Dice the tomato, peppers and onion into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces. Sprinkle the salt over these.
- Squeeze the juice over the salsa. Mix in the zest. Add a splash of a bright red wine. Let this chill about 1/2 hour before serving. Serve with chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip