If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the result when babaganush and hummus come together. One of our friends is allergic to sesame seed and he loves babaganush and hummus. We reworked the recipes and we came up with this one. It is a great dip with pita chips and celery sticks. —adamnsvetcooking
Makes 2 cups
- 1 pound Eggplant, diced in 1'' dice (this is a medium sized eggplant)
- 4 Garlic cloves with the skin on
- the juice of 1/2 lemon
- 15 ounces Can of chickpeas
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place the diced eggplant and the garlic cloves onto the baking sheet. Drizzle about 1 to 2 tbs of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the eggplant and the garlic until soft and golden brown (~20 to 25 mins).
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the food processor. Remove the skin from the garlic cloves and add to the food processor. Add the roasted eggplant, and the juice of 1/2 of lemon. Pulse the food processor and stream in the olive oil. Process to the desired consistency.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Wait, What's Sorghum?
The ancient grain that's poppin'
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.