If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few years ago, some friends and I asked a co-worker, Mak Ganghurde, to come over give us a cooking class on Indian food. We each got to ask for one favorite and he threw in a few more. This is the one I've made the most since then. I've reduced the spice level a bit and changed the amounts of some of the rest, but I definitely still think of it as Mak's. - Queen of Spoons
Makes 2 cups
- 1.5 cups Coconut Flakes, Dried Un-sweetened
- 2 Whole Dried Red Chiles
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Blend the dry ingredients together in a food processor until very fine.
- Hand mix dry ingredients into bowl with yogurt and cilantro. (Technically cilantro is optional, but not when I make it!) Let sit for 15 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Check seasoning. Serve with pita chips or pieces, as dip. Use as chutney, accompaniment to meats.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip