If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My new favorite ingredient is coconut milk and I'm now experimenting with all kinds of flavor combinations. This dip is a great combination with corn chips or shedded wheat crackers. You can make this dip as thick as you want based on how long you reduce it on the stove. - ChezSuzanne - TheWimpyVegetarian
Food52 Review: Just reading the name of this recipe put my taste buds on high alert. I was very excited to test this dip out, and the results pleasantly exceeded my expectations! The smoky pepper and cumin scent rising out of the saucepan was so inviting. And because the puree was not reducing quickly enough to match my impatience, I decided to try some as a sauce over warm angel hair pasta. It was so delectable (and beautiful in color) that I highly recommend trying it that way! I did continue to reduce the majority until thick and chilled it overnight, however I could not resist the temptation to have it for breakfast on toast the following morning, it's that good. Great recipe! - Sadassa_Ulna
Makes about 1 cup
- 5 red bell peppers
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large lime, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 5-6 teaspoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, minced
- Roast the bell peppers and tomato; peel and seed. Drop in a blender and puree. Place the pureed mixture in a small pot.
- Toast the cumin seed in a dry skillet and grind to a powder using a coffee or spice grinder.
- Add the lime juice and zest, salt, toasted cumin powder, coconut milk and creme fraiche to the pot with the pureed pepper mixture. Heat up and cook for at least 15 minutes to meld the flavors together. Cook as long as 30 minutes for a thicker dip.
- Chill and correct for seasoning. Serve with chips, crackers, cheese strips or veggies.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls