Author Notes: I had a great hot cheese sauce served as an appetizer at a New York restaurant about 10 years ago. I came home and did my best to recreate it. This is great with grilled beef steak that I serve on skewers at a party...or crusty toasted Ciabatta slices. Adapted over the years, this is my current version. - loubaby
Makes 3 cups
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 pound Gorgonzola
- 1/4 cup Grated Grana Padano or Romano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Combine Half and Half and Heavy Cream in a large heavy pan and bring to a boil. (Watch to not overboil the pot) Boil for about 45-60 minutes until it gets thick to really coat a spoon and dipping consistency.
- Turn off heat; whisk in both cheeses, basil, salt and pepper; stir til cheese melts. Put in a thermos to keep it warm for serving. Can be made ahead of time and held this way.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip