If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had a great hot cheese sauce served as an appetizer at a New York restaurant about 10 years ago. I came home and did my best to recreate it. This is great with grilled beef steak that I serve on skewers at a party...or crusty toasted Ciabatta slices. Adapted over the years, this is my current version. —loubaby
Makes 3 cups
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 pound Gorgonzola
- 1/4 cup Grated Grana Padano or Romano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Combine Half and Half and Heavy Cream in a large heavy pan and bring to a boil. (Watch to not overboil the pot) Boil for about 45-60 minutes until it gets thick to really coat a spoon and dipping consistency.
- Turn off heat; whisk in both cheeses, basil, salt and pepper; stir til cheese melts. Put in a thermos to keep it warm for serving. Can be made ahead of time and held this way.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Our Latest Contest
Your best recipe with melon
Enter our latest contest!
Our weekend in photos.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Recipe of the Day