If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: How can you go wrong with onions carmelized in lots of butter? Add to a creamy base and yum yum. This version is by no means low-cal, but it's lightened up with the addition of non-fat Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream. —mamariz
Serves about 12
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 Vidalia or Spanish onions
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt/pepper to taste
- Quarter and slice onions thinly. Melt butter in large saute pan over medium heat. Add onions, sprinkle with sugar if using, and saute stirring occasionally until onions are soft and golden brown. Set aside.
- Beat yogurt, cream cheese and cayenne pepper with electric mixer until soft and fluffy.
- Fold in onions and season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.