If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I whipped this together in 10 minutes one day this past summer when I needed a last minute appetizer, and it's been one of my very favorites ever since.
Black olives from my pantry, fresh parsley from my garden, extra virgin olive oil (the good stuff), lots of garlic and Pecorino Romano cheese. WOW!
I served this with some crispy ciabatta toasts which were perfect.
Makes an appetizer sized portion (a nice sized bowl-full)
- 1 can (15oz.) black olives, drained
- 1 clove garlic, cut in chunks
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 big handfuls of fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley (about 2 cups), stems removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (your best stuff)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- Throw everything except the oil into a mini-cuisinart and pulse a few times to break it down. Scrape the sides down and then add the oil slowly, while pulsing, until incorporated. The cheese is probably salty enough, but you may want to add a bit of salt. I didn’t. Don’t forget the ciabatta toasts!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Our Latest Contest
Your best recipe with melon
Enter our latest contest!
Recipe of the Day
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Arugula goes beyond salad.