Author Notes: I created this recipe to use as a dip as well as for turkey sandwiches or BLTs. My young daughters even like it! - Andria
- 1 piece bacon, thick cut
- 1 sweet onion (med size), diced
- 1/2 green apple, cored and diced, seperated
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp or warmed up to soften
- 1 big dash ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons milk (whole)
- In large saute pan cook bacon to extra crispy. Remove to paper towel to drain and crumble once cool. Keep bacon grease in pan.
- Add diced onion to pan and cook on low/med heat until carmelized.
- Add 2/3 of green apple and continue to cook a few minutes on low heat until soft.
- Add cooked mixture as well as next 5 ingredients (not remaining diced apple and bacon) to food processor or use hand blender. Blend until fairly smooth.
- Add remaining uncooked diced apple and bacon and mix by hand.
- Enjoy warm with salted chips, veggies or crusty bread!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip