If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was created after a bro-in-law wanted to make hummus; I was out of tahini, but had this idea floating around my mind. Lemony, tangy and garlicky, this Meyer lemon dip is great with fresh pita and/or fresh cut veggies, – we especially enjoy dipping endive. Enjoy! - lapadia
Food52 Review: This super easy hummus-like dip has a lovely lemony kick to it. I normally add twice as much lemon juice to hummus than called for, so this is a perfect way to get the tangy lemon flavor without being too runny. I removed the lemon pips before whizzing it in the blender and used smallish cloves of garlic. Yum-yum! - thehappycook
Makes around 1 1/2 cups
- 1 small Meyer Lemon, with peel, chopped up, discard seeds **preferred
- ** alternate = juice and zest from one Meyer lemon
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire - note: I use this in place of salt
- 1 teaspoon dry Greek oregano
- 1 - 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- Fresh ground pepper - or a pinch of cayenne
- Red pepper and/or scallion for garnish
- Note: use the juice & zest of one lemon, plus extra sweetner not using Meyer lemon.
- Combine the lemon, garlic, olive oil, agave nectar, vinegar, Worcestershire and oregano in a blender or food processor; process as smooth as you can get it. Note: there will probably be little bits of the peel – regardless of how great your processor is, but we like the little burst of fresh lemon!
- Add the drained chickpeas incorporate with the lemon mixture; process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
- Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours to overnight - the flavors are always best with a longer sit.
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.