Author Notes: Awesome! A tangy, cheesy dip that goes with anything - from corn, pita, or potato chips to carrot, celery, red peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and chicken tenders or hot wings. This recipe is a thick version of my salad dressing; one that was created after reading many recipes. It is always a crowd pleaser, a big hit with both adults and kids. - lapadia
Makes about 3/4 cup
- 2 ½ ounces blue cheese, crumbled (I like Rosenborg)
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 large pressed garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Note: Use the light version sour cream and/or mayonnaise if you prefer
- Mash blue cheese, buttermilk, pressed garlic, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl with a fork until the mixture resembles creamy cottage cheese with small curds.
- Stir in the sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Taste and adjust with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours to overnight…the taste develops as it sits.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to one week.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip