If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A version of this recipe was originally given to me by a friend. Over the years it has been tweaked to suit my tastes. It's a distant relative to the well known and loved Mexican layered dip, swapping out Indian flavors and ingredients. One of the beautiful qualities of this recipe is that you can make it "your own"altering the ingredients as desired.The combination of tastes and textures can be scooped up with pita chips or pappadams. It comes together easily and can be modified for vegetarians by omitting the chicken and substituting crumbled, flavored tofu or hard boiled eggs. —sticksnscones
Serves a crowd
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 8 ounces lowfat cottage cheese
- 4 ounces nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder(I like Madras)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 whole chicken breast, poached and shredded
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts or cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro(optional)
- 1 cup crumbled flavored tofu or chopped hard boiled eggs(vegetarian option)
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine cream cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, curry powder and lemon juice. Process until smooth. Taste and add salt & pepper to taste along with additional curry powder.
- On a flat serving dish or platter spread the cheese mixture in an even layer.
- Spread chutney to taste over the cheese, followed by layers of coconut, raisins and scallions.
- Top with shredded chicken, tofu or hard boiled eggs.
- Wrap and chill for at least 6 hours to blend flavors.
- Before serving, top with chopped peanuts, additional scallions and cilantro. Serve with toasted pita chips or pappadams.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip