If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dip is not for the shi shi eaters out there. Beware - it requires intestinal fortitude. The simplicity is deceiving. It is not for the weak of constitution. This is my Grandma E's dip,and it's presence is absolutely required at all family functions. You will get bad breath. You will eat more than you should. You will have random cravings for it at inopportune times. You will find creative ways to slather it on whatever food you can find in your kitchen. It gets better with age, and comes out just a little different every time. - zest in the midwest
Makes enough for a party
- 2 blocks of softened cream cheese (fat free is totally unacceptable here)
- 1 cup grated white onion
- 1/2 cup milk (not skim)
- 4-6 tablespoons white vinegar (start with 4, and add to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 tablespoons chives, finely minced
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl, making sure you incorporate everything completely.Refrigerate for at least two hours (overnight is fine) before serving. Adjust seasonings to taste - I often add a splash more vinegar right before serving.
- Serve with potato chips. We recommend plain Ruffles or a good BBQ kettle chip. If you are feeling masochistic, try this with Chili Cheese Fritos.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!