If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I tried updating my traditional Baba Ganooj recipe with roasted red peppers and a kalamata olive puree....the colors look so pretty when served together! —Joy Betesh
Baba Ghanooj Trio
- 3 meduim eggplants
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 red pepper roasted, peeled and pureed
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pureed with 2 tablespoons of olive juice
- Double wrap the eggplants in aluminum foil and roast on the stove top directly over low-med. flame till skin is blistered and eggplant is soft.
- Slice eggplants in half lengthwise and scoop out insides..... discarding the skin.
- Place the eggplants in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the tahini, garlic, cumin, salt, lemon juice, parsley to eggplants and mix all the ingredients together.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor or blender and process for 1-2 minutes. Eggplant mixture should be creamy.
- Divide the eggplant mixture into 3 portions....leaving one portion as is and then mix the roasted pepper puree into another portion and the olive puree into the last portion. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Spoon the Baba Ghanooj onto a plate in a circle, starting with the plain, then adding the red pepper Baba Ghanooj and ending with the olive Baba Ghanooj in the center. Garnish with parsley and Za'atar pita toasts.
Za'atar Pita Toasts
- 3 Pita Breads
- 2 tablespoons Za'atar Spice
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Open the pita breads and cut each round into 8 triangles. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with the za'atar spice and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake in a 300* oven for 10 minutes or till golden browned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
It's all about the sauce.
It's time to travel.
Recipe of the Day