If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I pulled this one out of wherever recipes comes from! —vegetarianirvana
- 1/2 cup sour cream, reduced fat/full fat either works.
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 a medium Haas avacado
- 1, 4.5 ounce can of chopped green chiles[I used Old El Paso]
- 1 scallion
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of taco seasoning[I used Old El Paso, hot and spicy]
- 1/4 cup Monterray Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup French's Fried Onions
- Salt to taste
- 1 lime for its zest[optional]
- Measure sour cream in a mixing bowl. Keep at room temperature.
- Microwave the frozen corn to thaw and gently squeeze the moisture out of it.
- Chop up half an avacado into a very tiny dice, about 1/2 a cup.
- Drain the preserving liquid from the chilies and do a quick rinse in running water. Then gently squeeze out any liquid from the chilies.
- Chop the scallions very finely
- Combine the above 5 ingrdients. Now add 1 and 1/4 teaspoon of taco seasoning and mix well, add salt if necessary. Spread onto a shallow serving bowl that can go into the oven.
- Crush the fried onions roughly. Mix the Jack cheese. Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of Taco seasoning.
- If using lime zest, run the lime a couple of times back and forth on a microplane. Scrape the oils and the zest[ a little goes a long way] and add to the onion cheese mixture. Mix to incorporate well and spread over the dip.
- Turn te broiler to medium and put the dip in the centre of the oven and broil fo 5 minutes or so till the cheese melts and the fried onions turn a golden brow, Turn the broiler off and keep the dip warm. Serve with vegetable crudites and tortilla chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).