Author Notes: A delicious tomato free version of the classic pizza pie. - mommiecooks
- 2 Chicken Breasts, Chopped Small
- 2 Shallots, Chopped
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Bunch of Basil, Chopped
- 1 Large Handful (~1 cup) of Fresh Spinach, Chopped
- A few good shakes of salt and pepper
- 6-8 Oz. of Shredded Cheese (I used a mix of asiago, fontina, parmesan, and provolone)
- 1 ball of homemade pizza dough (or a pkg. of store bought dough or pre-cooked crust)
- Throw your chicken, shallots, salt/pepper, and garlic in a skillet and cook them up on medium heat.
- Once they're cooked through, remove them from the heat. Roll out your dough and brush the olive oil across the top of your crust.
- After putting on the oil, grab your chicken mixture and spread it evenly across the top of the pizza. Pop the basil on top of that.
- Next up, spread the spinach.
- Finally you'll sprinkle your cheese across the top. Add as much or as little suits your fancy.
- Pop your finished pie into the oven set at 475 for about 9 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown around the edges.
- Pull it out and give it a minute or two to set up. Serve it up with a little parmesan, oregano, and red pepper for sprinkling.