If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious tomato free version of the classic pizza pie. —mommiecooks
- 2 Chicken Breasts, Chopped Small
- 2 Shallots, Chopped
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Bunch of Basil, Chopped
- 1 Large Handful (~1 cup) of Fresh Spinach, Chopped
- A few good shakes of salt and pepper
- 6-8 Oz. of Shredded Cheese (I used a mix of asiago, fontina, parmesan, and provolone)
- 1 ball of homemade pizza dough (or a pkg. of store bought dough or pre-cooked crust)
- Throw your chicken, shallots, salt/pepper, and garlic in a skillet and cook them up on medium heat.
- Once they're cooked through, remove them from the heat. Roll out your dough and brush the olive oil across the top of your crust.
- After putting on the oil, grab your chicken mixture and spread it evenly across the top of the pizza. Pop the basil on top of that.
- Next up, spread the spinach.
- Finally you'll sprinkle your cheese across the top. Add as much or as little suits your fancy.
- Pop your finished pie into the oven set at 475 for about 9 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown around the edges.
- Pull it out and give it a minute or two to set up. Serve it up with a little parmesan, oregano, and red pepper for sprinkling.
Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches
Independence Day, the frozen dessert way
Ice cream, cookies, and independence.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
This pasta's mint to be.