If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made a batch of these for my Grandmother, shortly before she passed away. I can't eat these without thinking of her, and the sweet, close-mouthed smile she always gave me.
http://rochellebilow.com/2010/05/chocolate-orange-cookies/ —Rochelle Bilow
Makes quite a lot
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 oranges, zested with a microplane
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In either a stand or hand-held electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and soft, about 3 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla and orange zest and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients - flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter-sugar-egg mixture and beat until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold in with a spoon. (I waited until all the cookies were on baking sheets and individually placed five chocolate chips in each one, but in retrospect that seems awfully fussy.)
- Plop teaspoon-sized balls on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for roughly 10 minutes. Remove from tray and cool on a wire rack, or, as my mother always does, on a brown paper grocery bag.
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.