Author Notes: My family loves hummus in any flavor! I found some beautiful Meyer lemons and since most hummus recipes contain lemon I wanted to include them! - Villagechef
Serves a crowd!
- 1 Meyer lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- Roast the lemon, thyme and olive oil in a covered pan at 325 for 45 min or until soft
- In bowl of food processor add roasted lemon mixture, reserved liquid from beans, tahini, salt and cumin- process until mostly smooth.
- add garbanzos and process until creamy adding water if necessary for consistency.
- add artichokes and olives and process until desired consistency adjusting seasonings as desired to taste.
- drizzle with olive oil and top with chopped olives if desired.
- serve with crudites or pita chips
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip