If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A winter soup made with homemade stock, fresh rosemary and bay leaf (my plants of several years wintering in the mud room,) fresh ginger and various vegetables on hand.
After making the soup I thought of stirring in something creamy. I had greek yogurt, persian cucumbers, and cilantro, which made a lovely raita. I wasn't sure whether it would be a side salad or topping for soup. Turned out to be wonderful as both! —rayva
Pureed Cauliflower Soup
- 6-8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons EV olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 head cauliflower separated into florets
- 2 small leeks, white and light green part, thinly sliced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/4 head savoy cabbage, chopped
- 3-4 slices of fresh ginger root
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes, optional
- sea salt and ground white pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- saute vegetables in olive oil and butter, until softened and translucent. Add stock and simmer until soft. Add mashed potatoes if using.
- Puree with hand blender or blender, season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Serve with dollop of cucumber raita, recipe below, and added cilantro, if desired.
- 2 medium persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon (meyer lemon, if possible)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- sea salt; black, white or cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 cups wild arugula
- Mix cucumbers, yogurt, lemon juice and seasoning, serve over arugula or add as a dollop to soup, to taste
Recipe of the Day
A sandwich-inspired burger
Recipe of the Day
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
Introducing the F52.
It's in the bag.