If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Aunt Dottie claims she hates to cook. But she has always requested Thanksgiving in the family holiday dinner swap and her Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing (yes, inside the bird) is fantastic. Every other family holiday event finds her special crab dip on the appetizer table. She never forgets to send us all home with our own little plastic cream cheese container full of extra dip to tide us over until the next holiday. —Eliana60
Makes 2 cups
- 1 can lump crab meat
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup sauteed pepper & onion mix
- 1/4 cup or more Miracle Whip
Sauteed Pepper & Onion Mix
- 3 jalapeno peppers, de-seeded and sliced
- 2 large red bell peppeers
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 4 yellow banana peppers
- 5 large onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Saute peppers & onions in olive oil until soft. Cool. Use or freeze
- Mince sauteed peppers and onions. Grate swiss cheese using large holes of box grater. Gently mix all of crab dip ingredients with Miracle Whip to your taste. Take care not to completely crush crab lumps. Serve with garlic bagel chips or crackers.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.