Author Notes: This is good as a dip, spread or chunky salad dressing. I tasted something similar in Italy, and tried to replicate it after I returned home. It stores well in the refrigerator in a closed container. - Hummusit
- 3 cans of oil-packed tuna, preferably in olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- Drain tuna, anchovies, and capers, place in food processor.
- Blend in processor until the consistency is even, then drizzle in the olive oil.
- Add fresh lemon juice. Start with the juice from a quarter of a lemon, add more if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip