If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first made this dip while grilling burgers intending to add some veggies to our burger night. It's fairly healthy-no dairy, just a little olive oil. This will be great way to add veggies to the Superbowl party! - nannydeb
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil, ,plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 yellow onion, skin removed
- 1 fennel bulb, fronds chopped and reserved
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- salt & black pepper to taste
- toasted grainy bread
- Preheat the gas grill to medium-high.
- Cut the tops off of the garlic pod, drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil. Place the foil packet on the grill away from direct heat and close the grill lid. Plan for the garlic to cook for 45 minutes to an hour while you prepare to grill the rest of your meal.
- Meanwhile, slice the zucchini, yellow squash, onion and fennel lengthwise. Remove the seeds and stem from the red bell pepper and slice lengthwise too.
- Drizzle the veggies with olive oil and place in a grill basket. Grill for 10 minutes on each side or long enough to get a slight char on them.
- Remove the garlic from the grill once it's golden and squishy.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into the food processsor and add the 1/4 cup olive oil, white wine, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the reserved fennel fronds and the tarragon. Puree until fairly smooth.
- Add all of the cooked veggies and jog blend until you get the consistancy you desire. I like it chopped small for more of a dip than a salsa.
- Serve with toasted wheat baguette slices or other grainy bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.