If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cinnamon, coconut and nutmeg make this hearty baked oatmeal a delicious breakfast to wake up to. - freshandfoodie
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut, toasted
- 3 cups rolled oats
- Toasted walnuts, cranberries, or any assortment of toppings you like
- Lightly grease an 8?x8? baking dish.
- Mix eggs and brown sugar in the bottom of the dish, whisking to remove lumps. Add melted butter and carefully whisk to combine.
- Add baking powder, vanilla, ground flax seed, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt directly to the dish and whisk well. Carefully add the milk and stir to combine.
- Add the toasted coconut and oats and carefully fold into the mixture, making sure everything is combined really well. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the oatmeal for approximately 45 minutes, or until the edges are brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Then cut yourself a piece, top it with toasted walnuts and dried cherries, and pour some warm milk over the top. Enjoy!