If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bangkok: the gastronomic paradise. I drop off my bags at home and walk down to the market, following the smell of herbs, fish sauce and chilies. I am hoping my childhood food cart is already there, setting up for the evening crowd. Bingo! Larb Gai, here I come. I love watching the whole process in that big metal bowl: a quick toss of cilantro, onions, mint, fish sauce, chilies, lime and along with a handful of ground pork. In a flash, I have myself a meal of droolicious spicy ground pork with chewy gluttonous rice. Oh, the memories.
*Rice powder can be bought in asian ethnic stores. Throw a few tbsp of rice powder in a pan over low heat and toast it for a few minutes until golden brown; it may be opted out, but I like the it for the extra nuttiness and grittiness of the dish. Substitute this dish with other kinds of meat or even tofu. —FrancesRenHuang
- 1 chicken breast, baked or poached, then hand shredded
- 1 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice powder, toasted
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried chili flakes
- Mix ingredients until evenly distributed; eat with balsamic rice or gluttonous rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.