If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a big hit with my whole extended family. We have several family members who typically never allow a fresh cut tomato to touch their lips, yet those same folks forget their tomato aversion whenever they eat this pico.
We most commonly serve this pico on tacos, but it also performs well as a colorful dip alongside corn tortilla chips. - Tezo
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 purple onion
- 2 bunches of scallions
- 2 packets of fresh basil
- 1 can of black olives (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 limes
- kosher salt & black pepper, to taste
- Dice tomatoes, onion, scallions, and basil, and toss with remaining ingredients. Allow to sit in fridge for an hour before eating, for best infusion of flavors.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.