If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am such a sucker for ranch dressing, but the powdered packets and bottled versions never taste quite right to me, so I make my own. I like the tang of buttermilk, but I like my dips thick, so I've taken out the liquid buttermilk and added in buttermilk powder instead. (Buttermilk powder is often found in the baking section, and many bulk food sections carry it.) Lots of chopped herbs make this dip taste super fresh, and the lime juice heps to keep it bright. It's great as your basic chip or veggie dip, but it's also great on baked potatoes or with fried chicken. Fried chicken! - vvvanessa
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-3 dashes ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely minced chives or scallions, both green and white parts
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
- freshy ground black pepper
- kosher or sea salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, buttermilk powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne until well combined and smooth.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients to thoroughly combine, adding salt and pepper to taste. It's best when served closer to room temperature than right out of the refrigerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Recipe of the Day
We don't even want to taco 'bout how awesome these are.
Recipe of the Day
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
A Shoo-In Salad
The Daily Grind
A Custard Jacuzzi