If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious after-meal treat. —mommiecooks
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 14 Oz. Can of Almond Filling
- 1 Small Orange
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla (for the frosting)
- Start out by creaming together your butter and sugar.
- Next up you'll add in your can of almond filling, your egg, vanilla, the zest of your orange and juice from 1/2 of the orange squeezed; about 1 tablespoon's worth.
- Mix it together well and then add in the flour and the baking soda.
- Once you've incorporated the dry ingredients, grab up a cookie sheet, line it with parchment, and spoon out heaping teaspoons of the dough.
- Place your cookies in the oven at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Bring them out to cool.
- While the cookies are cooling, you'll mix together your powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Once the cookies are cooled, grab a brush (or the back of a spoon) and glaze the tops of your cookies. If you'd like to be a bit pretty, you can add a few slivered almonds to the top.
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.