Author Notes: I adapted this recipe from a local magazine from Naples, Florida. - LazizaBites
Green curry paste
- 1 inch ginger piece, peeled
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- juice of 1/2 lime
- zest of half lime
- 14 ounces shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound french green beans
- 6 ounces baby corn
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- dashes paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- handfuls fresh cilantro
- soy sauce for flavor (optional)
- 6 ounces maifun (thin brown rice noodles) prepared according to directions
- Puree the ingredients for green curry paste, and set aside
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add the oil and stir fry the shrimp, until pink - about 2 min. Remove shrimp from the wok and set aside.
- Add the green beans to wok, and stir fry for a minute; then add the green onions, stir fry for minute; then add the corn, stir fry for a minute.
- Add the shrimp back in to the wok, and stir to mix well. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add the green curry paste, and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the coconut milk, and reduce heat; simmer for a couple minutes
- Add soy sauce if desired, and garnish w/ cilantro leaves. Serve over the prepared rice noodles.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta