If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This moist, not too sweet, cake with streusel, was our special Christmas morning breakfast treat. The rule was, "it's okay to look in your stocking whenever you wake up, but no presents until everyone is gathered." Everyone gathered with fresh squeezed orange juice and this coffee cake for the opening of the gifts.
In the past year or so, I've tried several variations, adding blueberries & lemon zest; cranberries & orange zest; dried cherries with almonds substituted for the pecans. The 'regular' cake is great, and all these variations have worked well (except trying to make it 'chocolatized').
—Queen of Spoons
- 1/2 cup (one stick) softened butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- For batter: Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating after each is added.
- Sift together flour, baking powder & baking soda.
- Add 1/3 of dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix in. Add about 1/3 of sour cream to batter and mix well. Continue alternating flour mix and sour cream until all is combined and smooth
- In a separate bowl, mixt together 'topping' ingredients. Note: original recipe called for double (1 full tsp.) this amount of cinnamon. Increase to 1 tsp. to taste, if desired.
- Butter well a 10 inch tube or bundt pant. Spread 1/2 of the batter evenly in the pan. Dot the batter evenly with 1/2 of the nut mixture. Cover with remaining batter and top with remaining nut mixture.
- Bake about 50 minutes. Toothpick should come out clean of batter. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
Put Pizza in a Pocket
Get ready to feel nostalgic
Put pizza in a pocket.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
Can your lunch handle the commute?
It's in the bag.