If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: To me the best part about this dish is how beautifully the sauce clings to the pasta and shrimp. - erinmcdowell
- 1 package lo mein noodles (or any other plain pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 1 1/2 cups shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound shrimps, cleaned and deveined
- scallions, as needed for garnish
- cilantro, as needed for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the noodles until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the snap peas and mushrooms and saute until beginning to become tender.
- Add the curry paste and mix in well to disperse. Add the coconut milk and bring the mixture to a simmer. Stir to make sure the curry paste is evenly dispersed. Season with fresh lime juice, salt, and cilantro. Keep warm.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium high heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Saute until pink and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the noodles to the hot curried vegetable mixture. Toss to coat. Serve with finished shrimp, and more scallions and cilantro on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta