If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an easy weeknight comforting pasta dish that is also pretty healthy. The spinach sauce comes together quickly and I used cottage cheese to add some richness without the heaviness of cream. And, the shrimp and feta compliment the sauce perfectly. - Kerstin
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Juice of one lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- To prepare the pasta, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain the pasta in a colander, return it to the pot, and keep warm. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or under tender; add garlic and sauté one additional minute. Place onion mixture in a food processor and wipe the pan clean with a damp cloth. Add half the fresh spinach to the cleaned pan and place a lid on top. Heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until wilted. Add the remaining half of the fresh spinach to the pan; stir well and repeat, cooking spinach 4 to 6 additional minutes or until wilted. Place spinach in the food processor with the onion; add in tomato paste, cottage cheese, oregano, lemon juice, and salt and pulse until smooth. Place shrimp and spinach sauce into a large nonstick skillet and cook on medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, or until shrimp are cooked through and opaque. Add sauce to the pasta and mix well. Scoop evenly into 6 bowls and garnish with crumbled feta cheese. Makes 6 servings.
Tags: weeknight dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
That was a close shave.