If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love making food that starts out with a roux. So here is my take on a seafood pasta that starts with a blond roux! This key to this recipe is to try and time the linguine being ready at the same time as the sauce. - grillfanatic
- 20 peeled raw shrimp
- 1/2 pound crab meat
- 1 medium sized onion (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (minced)
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 pinches cajun seasoning
- 1 splash worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 packet linguine
- 10 sprigs chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups warm chicken stock
- Make the roux by heating the oil on medium heat, then slowly adding the flour (one tablespoon at a time). Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture is about the color of a cup of masala chai. It is important to constantly stir this mixture so that the flour does not burn and is consistent.
- Turn the heat down a little bit and add the onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Cook until vegetables are softened or about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Make the package of linguine according to the directions on the box.
- Slowly add the chicken stock to the vegetable and roux mixture. Once it begins to simmer, add the shrimp and worcestershire sauce and cajun seasoning.
- After 3 minutes (or when the shrimp are opaque), remove from heat and add the cheese. Stir to incorporate the cheese.
- Toss the sauce with the linguine and crab meat. Top with parsley and green onions. Serve with garlic bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta
Recipe of the Day
Grilled Brie Sandwiches With Honey, Pistachio, and Kale Pesto
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Our herbs could use a helping hand.
Time to Celebrate!
Food52 takes home the gold.