If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A favorite restaurant of ours is Sage, a lovely little vegetarian place in a shopping center north of Chapel Hill. The owner is Iranian and the food includes hummus, tabbouli, lots of eggplant, and other familiar Middle Eastern dishes--and those things are delicious--but it also goes way beyond.
The last time we were there, I picked up a copy of the restaurant's cookbook. Here is a recipe for a wonderful cookie. —Nora
Makes 18-20 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped walnuts
- 2 Egg yolks
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa powder
- Heat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Beat the egg yolks until creamy. Add the sugar and chopped walnuts and mix thoroughly. Stir in the vanilla and the cocoa if you're using it.
- Drop the batter by teaspoon onto a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Put the cookie sheet on a cooling rack for a few minutes before removing the cookies to the rack to finish cooling.
A fish that's a wrap star
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Grilled cheese, please.
Put cake on a pedestal.