If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I discovered pancit in Beirut, through a Filippino lady that lived there for fourteen years before going back home to marry. It is a versatile dish and can be made with chicken or pork as well. —Taste of Beirut
- 8 ounces rice sticks
- 8 ounces large shrimps
- 3 pieces chicken with bones
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded snow peas
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon mashed garlic
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Aleppo pepper or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 pieces limes, quartered
- 1 bunch scallions
- Make the chicken stock by browning the chicken in sesame oil and covering it with water and some seasonings
- Let the chicken simmer for one hour; cool and strain the stock
- Shred the chicken into pieces and set aside
- Peel the shrimps and cut off the heads and place in the stock
- Simmer the shrimp heads and skin in the stock for 30 minutes and strain
- Sprinkle the pepper on the shrimp and set aside
- Heat some oil in a pot and fry the shrimp for 3 minutes till pink
- remove the shrimp and add the onions and shredded veggies and fry for 3 minutes
- Add the mashed garlic and soy sauce and stir one minute
- Remove the veggies and add the stock and bring it to a simmer
- Add the rice sticks and cook in the stock for about 5 minutes
- Add the veggies, shrimp, shredded chicken to the noodles and adjust seasonings
- Serve with chopped scallions and limes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.