If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What in the world do you do with that one left over can of pumpkin puree from the holidays? Well naturally you make yet another creamy and savory dish. Come Thanksgiving, in for a penny apparently means in for 6 or 7 pounds.
This soup is a rich, creamy, savory, and spicy soup that I used to crave growing up in Minnesota. It takes extraordinarily little effort and I hope you enjoy! - InSearchOfLostThyme
- 3 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock (28 oz)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (4 oz)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (~15oz)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (+/- a tablespoon if you like)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash pepper and salt
- Cheese for garnish (I like Irish or white cheddar)
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a large pot, bring the stock and cream to a boil. Whisk in the pumpkin puree and add all the spices.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the soup thickens visibly (~15 min.)
- Serve into bowls and garnish with cheese of choice and cilantro.
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.