If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was inspired to create this recipe after receiving a pack of smoked trout from Goatsbridge in Ireland at a blogging event hosted last year by Bord Bia, the Irish Food Board. When you get such a top-quality product it does most of the work for you in a dish, and this is a real treat. If you can't get smoked trout though, smoked salmon will also work well here. - Kristin
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 pound penne
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 small shallots
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 7 ounces smoked trout (or smoked salmon)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- freshly grated Parmesan, to serve
- Cook the penne in a large pot of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Five minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the frozen peas in with the pasta.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter over a medium-low heat in a large frying pan, one that’s big enough to eventually hold all the cooked pasta. Add the shallots and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened. Add the lemon juice and wine and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the lemon and wine have reduced a little. Add in the crème fraîche and stir well, then season with salt and pepper. Add in the smoked trout (or salmon) and continue to simmer until the fish is heated through.
- Drain the pasta and peas, reserving some of the cooking water. Add a ladle of the pasta cooking water to the sauce to thin it a little. Add the pasta and peas directly to the sauce in the frying pan, stirring well to coat the pasta evenly with the sauce. Add more cooking water if needed. Sprinkle with fresh dill and toss to combine. Serve immediately with freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.