If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love tomato sauces with pasta. To me red sauce is the mother of all sauces. One day after trying it all: meatballs, ground meat, ham, shrimp, veggie, etc. I decided to give a try to something different so I intergrated Almonds and Oysters.
Why those two? The almonds are mild and provide that natural sweetness to the plate, that makes a perfect match to the smokiness of the Oysters. The addition of several other ingredients and spices, make this pasta a hearty one, perfect for a heavy dinner and red wine.
Bon Appetit! - Afner
- 1 Crushed tomatoes medium sizecan
- 1/2 Margarine Stick
- 3 tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 1 Smoked Oysters Can
- 1/2 Green Pepper cutted in Stripes
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 6 Olives finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Grounded Black Pepper
- 6 Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon Sage Powder
- 2 tablespoons Grounded Basil
- 1 Pinch of Dry Rosemary
- 1 Pinch of Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sea Salt
- 1 splash Red Wine
- 1 dash Grounded Cayenne Pepper
- 1 packet of Spaghetti or Lenguine
- 1/2 medium sized minced onion
- 1/2 cup Green Beans
- 150 Grams of Crushed Almonds
- In a medium hot sauce pan put the margarin, add the onion, the black pepper and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- When the onions are crystal like we add the mushrooms and the green bell pepper stripes. Then we add the Peanut Oil and the Almonds. Remove until the oil penetrates the ingredients. All this at medium heat.
- Add the chopped olives and the green beans. Remove a little more and then, add the tomato sauce. Remove enough to incorporate the ingredients to the sauce and then add the oregano, the sage and rosemary. Remove again and let it simmer for about 5 minutes, this will allow the spices and herbs to release their oils and provide a special flavor to the sauce. (if you want you can add a little bit of saffron as well)
- After the simmering, we will add in this order: The dry basil & sea salt. Remove and simmer another 5 minutes.Then add the red wine and the pinch of sugar, remove for another 3 minutes.
- Prepare your preferred pasta with a little salt to be "al dente".
- Add the Smoked Oysters to the sauce and the cayenne pepper. Remove once again and turn off the heat. The remaining heat will allow the mix to blend and unify flavors.
- The last step: Pour over your "al dente" pasta and Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.