If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: At a friend's home 20 years ago, I first tasted this grilled and brined salmon and pasta. For the next two years, I begged for the recipe and he finally relented.
The marinade brines the salmon and keeps the fish moist. Some people swear it tastes like beef!
Johnny's Seafood Seasoning is the secret ingredient. If your grocery store doesn't carry, you can buy it at www.johnnysfinefoods.com. Oh and mix any leftover salmon with a little cream cheese and capers? Great salmon spread for bagels or pitas! - Mi Casa Del Lago
- 4 teaspoons Johnny's Seafood Seasoning or substitute Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Salmon filet
- 8.8 ounces package of wheat germ and cuttlefish ink pasta
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Place salmon filet(s) in resealable plastic bag. Reserve 2 tablespoons of marinade and pour the remainder into the bag. Squeeze out the air, seal the bag and marinade in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours.
- Prepare very hot grill or grill pan. Remove the salmon from the bag and sear, flesh side down for 4-5 minutes. Turn to skin side down, lower heat to medium and grill for an additional 4 minutes. Remove from grill and cover with foil.
- Boil 4 quarts of salted water. Add the pasta and cook until aldente; 7 to 9 minutes. Drain.
- Place the cooked pasta on a platter and top with the grilled salmon. Drizzle the reserved marinade on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.