If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had the pleasure of baking with my daughter one afternoon who loves to explore new ideas and recipes in the kitchen. We came up with this fantastic gluten free lemon tart that is perfect for dessert, parties, and afternoon tea. —gfreekitchen
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar (corn free)
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour, spices, confectioners sugar and butter. With a fork or pastry blender "mash" together ingredients until the mixture resembles course bread crumbs.
- Press dough evenly into a 9" round pie plate. Certainly you could use a tart dish or springform pan as well. Bake 12-17 minutes until edges turn golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine eggs, granulated sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and potato starch. Whisk together until mixture is smooth. Pour over pie crust.
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes until the lemon mixture is set and edges just start to turn golden.
- Let cool and dust with powdered sugar. If desired serve topped with fresh fruit.
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.