If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chai is a beautiful sweet and aromatic black tea that is steeped in milk and spices like cardamom and cinnamon from India. This is so simple to make and the spices are available in any large supermarket. If you’re not a milk/sugar-in-my-tea kinda person, try this. I guarantee you’ll love it.
This tea can be made in many different ways with more or less spices. You can play around with the ingredients, but cardamom is a must. Even just cardamom with the milk and tea would be beautiful! - Globetrotter
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 heaping spoonfuls of black tea, such as Darjeeling (or 4 tea bags)
- 1 small inch thumb of ginger, peeled
- 7 green cardamom pods
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 spoonfuls of sugar, or to taste
- Lightly crush the cardamom pods so the seeds are exposed. Place the pods, ginger, cloves and cinnamon in a small pot and cover with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Boil for around 10 minutes, then add the milk and tea.
- Keep on a low heat so that the milk is scalding (make sure it doesn’t boil). Steep the tea for about 10 minutes. Add a couple spoonfuls of sugar. Pour through a strainer into cups and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.