If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: adapted from a recipe I first saw in Bon Appetit, this headily scented drink is a wonderful winter warmer and can double as dessert. This ain't no Swiss Miss! - tania_deluzuriaga
- 2 cups milk (I use 2%)
- 1/3 cup best quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 cardamom pods
- 5 whole allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1/2 cup whipped cream (optional)
- Combine cardamom, allspice and peppercorns and use a mortar and pestle (or a plastic bag and a rolling pin) to crack into chunks. Break up the cinnamon stick into two or three pieces as well.
- Put the milk into a small saucepan over medium heat. Add chocolate, vanilla, sugar and spices and heat, whisking often to break up the chocolate.
- When mixture is just about boiling (ie steaming and too hot to drink) turn off the heat, cover the pot and let steep 10 minutes.
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls