If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple, elegant & delicious dessert was inspired by Simply Recipes' "Cardamom Citrus Fruit Salad".
Toasted distachios add some much-needed texture and the citrus and spice combination tickles the palate pleasantly!
Despite it's lightness, this dessert is perfect for winter as it uses seasonal citrus & the spices create a warming sensation in the body. - steffsays
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 navel orange
- 2 blood oranges
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- Peel grapefruit and oranges. Carefully cut them into segments, place in a bowl & reserve any juice from this process.
- Pour the reserved juice into a small saucepan. Add the honey, cardamom, cloves and salt.
- Heat the honey mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and let the honey mixture cool to room temperature.
- Dish the fruit segments into serving bowls and pour the honey mixture over them.
- Chill the bowls in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes before serving. Even longer in the refrigerator is better!
- While the bowls are cooling, lightly toast the chopped pistachios in a dry pan over medium heat until they just begin to become fragrant. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the pistachios to a bowl to prevent further cooking.
- Top the dishes with toasted pistachios just before serving and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.