If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For a long time I made panna cottas with only yogurt. And then I made it the real way. I may never look back. The combination of orange zest and cardamom are perfect flavours for the sweet and creamy custard. Heart-stopping due to deliciousness. - Kitchen Butterfly
Makes 6 - 8 moulds, depending
- 25g gelatin leaves/sheets (approximately six sheets)
- 3 cups (750ml) single cream
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- Crushed seeds of 4 – 6 cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon micro-planed orange zest
- Optional - serve with a raspberry coulis
- Soften the gelatine leaves in a litre of cold water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- While the gelatin sheets are blooming, heat the cream, milk and sugar in a saucepan, stir to combine. Once the sugar is dissolved, remove from heat.
- Put the softened gelatine leaves and the ground cardamom seeds into the warm sugared milky cream. Stir to combine and pass through a fine sieve to get rid of any lumps. Then stir in the micro-planed orange zest.
- Lightly oil the custard cups with a neutral tasting oil. Pour the mixture into the cups and place on a tray (better balance).
- Put in the refrigerator and chill till firm and set, at least 2 hours.
- To serve, you can opt to leave it in the ramekins, or run a sharp knife around the edge of each Panna Cotta, or dip in a bowl of hot water for a second or two and unmold each onto a serving plate, and garnish as desired, with fruit sauces, coulis or compotes.
- Enjoy the creamy dessert perfumed with the blossoms of sweet citrus and a fresh scentedness.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
All you need for Memorial Day.
Cast your vote!
Grind it real good.