If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I fell in love with cardamom a few years ago when I started drinking chai and have found it’s also lovely in baked goods. This recipe came about while I perusing the fridge one weekend for something to satisfy my sweet tooth. I noticed some orange marmalade my hubby enjoys and was inspired to make cookies flavored with orange and cardamom!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade, melted
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350?F. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Mix in egg and vanilla; stir in flour, salt, baking powder, cardamom, and orange zest until soft dough forms. Spread dough in bottom of greased 8x8-inch square pan. Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Spread melted marmalade evenly over cooled bars. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until marmalade is set.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and heavy cream uncovered on high 1 minute, stirring once after 30 seconds, or until melted. Spread evenly over marmalade layer. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chocolate ganache is set. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Makes 16 bars.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
Our Recent Favorite Recipes
Spaghetti! Pork chops! Croissants!
Our recent favorite recipes.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
Have a ball (jar).