If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I was planning an Indian dinner party menu, I knew I wanted to serve ice cream, but I still wanted to have the dessert tie in with the theme of the meal because yes, I’m a big dork like that! I was thinking it would be fun to create my own dessert since the rest of the recipes from our meal were from my awesome 660 Curries cookbook, and finally settled on making peach sundaes with an Indian-inspired crumble topping after a bit of brainstorming! - Kerstin
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped gingersnap cookies
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 peaches, pitted and cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- To prepare the cardamom gingersnap topping, heat oven to 325?F. Combine oats and gingersnap cookies in a large bowl. Place canola oil, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, and vanilla extra in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until mixture is boiling and sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Pour hot sugar mixture into the bowl with the oats and mix well. Spread topping evenly onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake at 325?F for 10 minutes; add coconut, stir, and bake an additional 5 to 8 minutes, or until coconut is golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool completely, about 15 minutes, and stir in raisins.
- Meanwhile prepare the peaches. Heat butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar over medium heat in a large skillet until butter has melted. Add in peaches and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until fruit is soft. Stir in lemon juice.
- To assemble the sundaes, scoop 1/2 cup of ice cream into each bowl and top evenly with caramelized peaches and the desired amount of cardamom gingersnap topping. Makes 8 servings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom