If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious take on the classic Swiss Cheese Fondue. - mommiecooks
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 11/2 cup White Wine
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 8 ounces Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- 8 ounces Shredded Emmentaler Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 tablespoon Brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Salt to Taste
- Start out by rubbing the minced garlic around the inside of your pot (or the pot your cooking it in if you're planning to transfer the cheese after cooking on the stove). If you love garlic like I do, then you can just leave it there and let it meld with the cheese. If not, then simply remove the bits.
- Next up, you'll add in the wine and allow it to warm up to a simmer.
- In a bowl, mix together the two cheeses along with the corn starch.
- When the wine is heated up, add in your cheese, one handful at a time. Let each handful melt completely; stirring to combine well before adding the next.
- Once all of your cheese is melted and smooth, add in the nutmeg and brandy.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and serve.
- Dunkers can include but aren't limited to: grapes, apples, carrots, celery, broccoli, bread, and sausage.
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.