Author Notes: Kulfi can be called an Indian ice cream and can be found in any street of India. Here's a recipe for kulfi infused with bold cardamom and saffron flavors. - IndianSimmer
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 14 ounces evaporated milk
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 8 cardamom pods + 1/2 tsp cardamom seeds for garnish
- 10 shots strands of saffron
- 16 ounces cool whipped cream
- 1/2 cup crushed nuts (almonds, pistachios)
- With a mortar and pestle, grind together sugar, saffron and cardamom seeds.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, heavy cream and cool whip.
- Using a whisk gently mix everything together. You need to be gentle otherwise cool whip melts very easily making the mixture more watery and you want it light and airy.
- Add in saffron, sugar, cardamom mixture and coarsely crushed nuts. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into small dixie style plastic cups and cover with plastic or aluminum wrap. If you don't have cups just pour it all in a bowl or a deep dish and cover it with a plastic wrap touching the surface of the liquid.
- Freeze Kulfi for at least 4 – 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve with crushed cardamom seeds and some nuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom