If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kulfi can be called an Indian ice cream and can be found in any street of India. Here's a recipe for kulfi infused with bold cardamom and saffron flavors. - IndianSimmer
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 14 ounces evaporated milk
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 8 cardamom pods + 1/2 tsp cardamom seeds for garnish
- 10 shots strands of saffron
- 16 ounces cool whipped cream
- 1/2 cup crushed nuts (almonds, pistachios)
- With a mortar and pestle, grind together sugar, saffron and cardamom seeds.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, heavy cream and cool whip.
- Using a whisk gently mix everything together. You need to be gentle otherwise cool whip melts very easily making the mixture more watery and you want it light and airy.
- Add in saffron, sugar, cardamom mixture and coarsely crushed nuts. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into small dixie style plastic cups and cover with plastic or aluminum wrap. If you don't have cups just pour it all in a bowl or a deep dish and cover it with a plastic wrap touching the surface of the liquid.
- Freeze Kulfi for at least 4 – 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve with crushed cardamom seeds and some nuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom