If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a versatile, not so sweet biscotti. I make any number of variations. We like these with a glass of port for a light dessert or even a late afternoon snack, though tea or a hot toddy would work well too. - healthierkitchen
Makes 1 1/2 to 2 dozen
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup natural cane sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup crystallized, candied ginger, cut into about 1/4 inch bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, mix dry ingredients: flours through cardamom.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs, orange blossom water and olive oil. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Use a spatula to mix in the ginger bits.
- It will be a little sticky, so flour hands and turn out onto a floured work surface. Make sure the ginger pieces are well incorporated into the dough. Mold into a soft rectangle about 3 inches wide and 12 inches long. It will be about an inch high.
- Place the dough on a Silpat or on parchment paper on a half sheet pan and bake for 20 - 25 minutes. The top should feel dry and slightly springy when done. Reduce oven to 200 degrees.
- Let cool a little and, using a serrated knife, cut the rectangle into slices about 1/2 inch thick. To make them look a little more elegant, cut on a bias. The ends are your treat.
- Set each 1/2 inch piece upright on the pan and place pan back into oven for about 30 minutes. Turn oven off and let it cool.
- Once cool, the biscotti can be stored in an airtight container for quite a while.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.