Author Notes: This is a delicious recipe for my gluten-free sweet potato macadamia brownies with a touch of cardamom. Enjoy! - TheHealthyApple
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, ground
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup semi sweet vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine sweet potatoes, vegan butter and sugar. Cook over medium heat; bring to a boil and stir for 7 minutes.
- Remove 1/2 the mixture; transfer to a mixing bowl to cool. Add baking soda and sea salt; mix well. Transfer mixture to a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Add cardamom, macadamia nuts, chocolate chips and coconut to stove top sweet potato mixture; mix well. Drizzle over cooked portion. Bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven, set aside to cool.
- Slice into brownie bites. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom